photo courtesy of Marilynn Fowler
Harbor staff can be contacted via VHF 16 from 8:30 am to 5 pm. Our tenants can request a tow if they are within 100 yards of the harbor. If the vessel is navigable by sail, we ask that the vessel be brought to the entrance of the harbor. All requests will be responded to with due consideration of current sea conditions, safety and the availability of Harbor staff.
South Beach Harbor does not intend to compete with commercial towing companies so this service is reserved for our tenants.
Following are the recycling/environmental services that are currently available to our South Beach Harbor tenants:
- Waste Oil Recycling
- Available to all Harbor tenants.
- No charge—see Harbormaster's office for assistance (or, if after hours, call Harbor Security on the cell phone at 415.608.1951)
- Limited to uncontaminated engine, transmission and lube oil.
- Bilge Waste/Contaminated Oil
- Available to all Harbor tenants—see Harbormaster's office for assistance.
- Charge is $3 per gallon.
- Limited to oily bilge water or waste oil/diesel contaminated with water.
- Miscellaneous Hazardous Materials (Batteries, Oil Filters and Gasoline)
- Call Harbor office to arrange drop-off of used batteries at Pier 40.
- Bring any used batteries to Harbor office - no charge.
- Used oil filters and bilge pads are accepted for recycling - no charge.
- Small amounts of gasoline (less than one gallon) at $3 per container (must be sealed and labeled). Note that we will not be able to return the gasoline container.
- We are unable to accept larger quantities of gasoline, or coolants, brake fluid, carburetor cleaners, chlorinated products, solvents or parts. For these and all other hazardous materials call 415.554.4333 or visit www.sfrecycles.org.
- Sewage Discharge
- Two PUMP OUT stations located at the end of each Guest Dock (north and south)
- Available 24 hours/day (no charge)
Any questions? Please call or come by the Harbor office—we'd be happy to assist you.
tel: 415.495.4911 ext. 1111 | after hours: 415.608.1951 | fax: 415.512.1351